Tuesday 4 September 2012

 
I created this card using the new Marianne Christmas tree die. I don't usually make such large cards (this one is 8 x 8!) but the tree looked too large on my usual 6 x 6 cards, and you couldn't see the beautiful backing paper behind it!.
I think the paper is from the Authentique range and was double sided so the pink and the grey sections were both from the same sheet. The presents along the bottom of the card were created using a Martha Stewart Punch.
The ribbon came from my stash and the snowflake charm was from a pack from The Hobby House.
 
I have to admit I did cheat (slightly!) on this card. I got someobody else to do the distressing around the outside of the tree. I still haven't got the hang of distressing! Mine always looks too dark or I add too much and end up with a much bigger border than I actually wanted. lol. I will have to start practicing I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment