Monday 4 March 2013

Not so.... Shabby Chic

Ive been reading on the internet (for hours!) about people that have turned unloved furniture into something beautiful. So I thought I would give it a try.
I went to a local Charity Shop and bought a small table, as I only wanted a small project so I wasn't overwhelmed!

Here is a before picture:
As you can see its a bit scabby and unloved, but I just loved the shape and its perfect as a little drinks table.
 
 
Here is the after picture:
I sanded the table (outside in the freezing cold!!) and then painted it with three coats of acrylic paint. The pictures on the top are from comic books and are stuck on using mod podge. Its nearly finished I just need to decide what sort of varnish to use on the top to make sure it doesnt get spoiled :)


 


2 comments:

  1. That looks really cool, what a great idea to use pictures from comics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      It took ages to decide which pictures to use though!

      Delete